The older I get, the more I ramble.

I used to love to sit at my grandparents' knees as a child and listen to them talk about the days of yore. Now I find myself looking for a captive audience so I can do the same! Not sure if the kids today enjoy my ramblings as much as I used to enjoy my grandparents, but I hope to leave them some kinda of legacy! I may be remembered as that crazy old lady that told "those tales of yore." But I will be remembered.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I only missed two!

This is a test for us 'old kids'! The answers are printed below, but don't cheat.

 
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, 'Who was that masked man?' Invariably, someone would answer, 'I don't know, but he left this behind.' What did he leave  behind?________________.

 
 02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched themonThe_______________ Show..
 
> 03. 'Get
> your kicks, __________________.'

 04. 'The  story you are about to see is true. The names  have been changed to
 ___________________.'

 
 05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle,
 ________________.'

 
 06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance  called  the'_____________.'

 07. 'Nestle's makes the very best_______________.

 
 08.Satchmo was America's
'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was
 _________________.

 
 09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?
 _______________.

 
 10 . Red Skeleton's hobo character was named
 __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and
 '________ ________.
 
 
 11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam
War did so by burning
 their______________.

 
 12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________
 &_______________.

 
 13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________.

 
 14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

 
 15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called ______________.

 
 
 ANSWERS :
 01.. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver  bullet.
 02. The Ed Sullivan Show
 03. On  Route 66
 04.To protect the innocent.
 05.The Lion Sleeps Tonight
 06. The limbo
 07. Chocolate
 08. Louis Armstrong
 09. The Timex watch
 10. Freddy, The Freeloader and'Good Night and God Bless.
 11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.
Not flags,as some have guessed)
 12. Beetle or  Bug
 13. Buddy Holly
 14. Sputnik
 15. Hoola-hoop

No comments:

Post a Comment