The older I get, the more I ramble.

I used to love to sit at my grandparents' knees as a child and listen to them talk about the days of yore. Now I find myself looking for a captive audience so I can do the same! Not sure if the kids today enjoy my ramblings as much as I used to enjoy my grandparents, but I hope to leave them some kinda of legacy! I may be remembered as that crazy old lady that told "those tales of yore." But I will be remembered.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2 Things I Despise - Winter Weather & Getting Older

Compared to where I grew up, it's really not cold outside today (in the 50's). However, I FEEL cold! So I put on my winter coat, walked across the yard to my son's for dinner and some tv, came home, and couldn't get my coat unzipped. That thing wouldn't go up any further and it wouldn't go down any at all; it just wouldn't budge! I had to call my son to come down and unzip my coat for me. So NOW i feel OLD. Old and cold, two things I really never wanted to be. I'm forever having to take jars up to the house to have someone open them for me. I just don't have the strength in my hands that I used to have. On a brighter note -- my 11-year-old granddaughter won the Spelling Bee at her school. Now she gets to go to the County Bee sometime next month. I'm so proud of her and excited for her! My precious little Abbydoodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment